Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First Birthday Party

My daughter's first birthday was back in December, but I haven't put any pictures of the details up yet, so I thought I would share her special day with all of you!  We didn't really have a theme, but I kind of went with a purple winter wonderland. 

We had guests coming almost an hour away, so we wanted to serve them a light dinner.  We had small sandwhiches, veggies and dip, chips and salsa, pasta salad, and some grape PURPLE crush to drink.  We had cupcakes, and cake balls for dessert. 




I hung purple and silver snow flakes from fishing line.  I got the purple snow flakes from Target, and the silver from the Dollar Tree.


I had her scrapbook out and made everyone write down what their favorite thing about my little bug is.  I wanted her to have some way of remembering her first birthday.  This was probably my favorite part about the party, I loved reading what people wrote.  Everyone really wrote the sweetest things, and I am so excited for her to have it when she gets older.

We call our daughter our little "M&M" so we had purple m&ms and popcorn as thank you treat bags.  

I displayed pictures of my little bug at different stages in her first year of life.  They change so much!


I have a small kitchen, so I had limited space to work with.  Everything ended up turning out really well.   My sweet daughter seemed to have a wonderful time, and loved all the attention.   

My inspiration for my daughters party mostly came from Kara's Party Ideas

1 comment:

  1. great idea with the scrapbook!!

    thanks so much for stopping by & leaving a comment on my gallery wall ~ i really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete