Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Food Inspiration: Corned Beef and Cabbage

Corned Beef and Cabbage is a classic St. Patrick's day dish. I have never made it personally so I searched for variations from some of my favorite cooks and websites. Many of the recipes I found called for beer.  If you are uncomfortable cooking with alcohol you can substitute with a beef broth.  (Be advised though that the flavor of the dish would be altered)


Click on the caption below each picture to view the recipe.

I have taken cooking classes from Sara at Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice. Everything she makes is so delicious. I have added many recipes to my rotation after perusing her blog and taking her classes. The best thing about Sara is her friendliness and willingness to respond to even my dumbest questions on her blog or in class. Sara said this recipe will even win over people who don't enjoy Corned Beef. 
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Marguerite Henderson is also someone I have taken classes from.  This dish contains loads of hearty root vegetables. The blog contains a recipe for a sauce as well.
Marguerite Henderson's Corned Beef with Root Vegetables

This recipe is probably the most basic and easiest to make. The recipe uses the spice packet that comes with  the corned beef from the grocery store.
Corned Beef and Cabbage by Laria Tabul at allrecipes.com

I am looking forward to trying Corned Beef and Cabbage this year. Have you ever tried Corned Beef and Cabbage?  What is your favorite recipe?


For more St. Patrick's day posts click on the following links: 




 

2 comments:

  1. Hey cool fun blog. Jessica I can't see your blog invite me barlowamy@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for the shout out. I am so glad you made mine and enjoyed it. Your blog is cool.

    ReplyDelete